List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    different canvas definitions
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <schoenberger () signsoft ! com>
Date:       1999-08-09 17:49:48

Perhaps a dumb question, but would it be useful/ is it thought of to use the
currently announced Canvas in other applications?

I think especially in the way the Gnome people want to work with their
canvas, as generic high-level tool in which you can additionally to the
currently used canvas
- insert arbitrary elements by providing a specific Canvas item object
- draw high-level vector drawing operation (libart with an imaging model
similar to
  Postscript, EPS, PDF)

Especially I could see an use in the other KOffice applications, especially
KIllustrator, but
perhaps also kpresenter, kword, kspread.

As far as I see, such a global used canvas would be a good choice for
replacing the
IMHO fairly limited drawing model of Qt to something more powerful (e.g. by
interfacing the libArt library)

comments, ideas, flames :) ?

Dirk