List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Roadmap discussion for 2.9 and 3.0
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2014-02-24 8:59:59

On Saturday 22 February 2014 Feb 00:21:36 Erik Johansson wrote:
> Just wanted to chip in on:
>
> """
>
> > * MDI interface (more than one document loaded in one window)
> >

> I would give this the top priority, because it's the single feature that
> has be merged before we go to 3.0 and will likely also need a lot of work.
> """
>
> Will this result in less memory/cpu usage when having multiple documents
> open?
> Will the old way of one process per document still work?
> Is it possible to have a chrome like approach where each tab is a process?

Well... Actually... It depends on how you open the multiple documents. If you open a \
new document from an existing window, you get two windows, but it's still one \
process. Some time ago, we thought we could make Krita use one process all the time, \
using the QUniqueApplication solution, but that is pretty scary because one crash \
would kill all open documents...

> As Krita still ain't rock solid. LOADS better than some months ago and I
> guess it will be even more stable when 3.0 hits but it would still s**k for
> all open documents to crash because one of them bugs out. Just wanted this
> to be taken into consideration when implementing this.

Please, do, do report all crashes you experience. I think I fixed the last memory bug \
(reported by Silvio) last week, but that's not in a Windows build yet.

--
Boudewijn Rempt