List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Wanted: channel remapping with implicit colorspace conversion
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-09-18 18:51:51

On Thursday 18 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Right. To clarify, I meant that we'd either keep the existing dialog and
> use it as a "wizard" to create additional filters doing the same
> operations that are currently "baked", or else we would indeed only
> create debayer + wb. Either would be OK with me, though I lean a bit
> toward "wizard" mode.

<rant>
Considering how much I dislike that dialog, and how much I am unhappy about
all the breakage in libkdcraw "stable" version. I had rather send the dialog
and the library to the trash :)
</rant>

Well I think what would be cool is have such wizards as a script so that would
apply to all kind of images and not just raw files.

> Ok, I guess libkdcraw needs work then :-). (Ah... *dcraw* can provide
> the raw, pre-bayer data, right?
Nope.

> And libkdcraw is a dcraw wrapper, yes?)
The good thing is that libkdcraw is using libraw now, and libraw can do it. I
am seriously considering moving to libraw for 2.1.

--
Cyrille Berger