List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Brush spacing / rotate / scale
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-11-15 18:35:36

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Did you ever take a look at the way Inkscape smoothes the strokes as
> someone suggested some time ago? Not that I'm complaining -- the present
> implementation works quite nicely for mouse usage.

No the main reason is that inkscape smoothing is less "accurate", It allows a
far more greater distance between the "mouse" stroke and the actual stroke,
which is not a problem for a vector graphics application, but I felt it would
be a problem for a pixel application. I think a quick a fix for the artefact
I described would be to simply not smooth when the angle between two strokes
is too important, or have smoothing proportional to the angle.

--
Cyrille Berger