List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: Filters "dialog" in 2.0
From:       Ronan Zeegers <krita () ronanzeegers ! com>
Date:       2007-06-25 11:57:25

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean :) Or did you mean hide the left dockers to
> only show the filters widgets ? I think I thought of something like that at
> some point, but the problem is that some of the dockers are still usefull,
> like the list of layers or the overview docker.
>
> On the other hand, applying a filter can be made a tool and then the options
> of the filter will appears in the tool option.
>
> I will add those ideas to the wiki.

I was thinking about something like that. The layers and the Overview
Docker don't work when I'm editing the filter options. Is it not the
case anymore in Krita 2?
Anyway, I think it would be better to have the preview on the canvas and
keep the option filter window has vertical has possible.

Schleimer, Ben wrote:

> Are you talking about ribbons^C^C^C changable toolbars here?

Ribbons toolbars? Do you have an exemple?

> I'd like the opportunity to place a plea for abandoning filters
> altogether and going for filter layers instead (basically allowing to
> put any filter on an adjustment layer and change it dynamically afterwards).

Filter layers of maybe Filter Group would be really cool!

> Still, I also want to keep the ability to actually hard-change the pixels in a
> certain layer -- it's a way of working that's very common.

Fully none destructive image editor is far better. It would be a dream
to have some kind of mix between after effect (or any other composit
apps) and photoshop. I heard that photoshop is going to this direction...
Anyway, an Apply button in the option filter dialog to hard change the
pixel would be cool too.