List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    Generated by...
From:       Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasperski () softax ! com ! pl>
Date:       1999-04-21 13:15:08

I found that the date in the "generated by" string is truncated (the
year doesn't possess last letter). So I replaced chop by chomp.

I also sometimes run kdoc on NT and VMS. They dislike `uname -n` and
'whoami`. Therefore the following is acceptable for me (as part of BEGIN
in kdocCxxHtml.pm):

        eval {
          use Sys::Hostname;
          $host = hostname();
          chomp $host;
        };
        eval {
          $who = `whoami`;
          chomp $who;
        };
        $now = localtime;
        chomp $now;
        $gentext = "$who\@$host, $now.";

1) whoami can fail but then just $who will be empty
2) hostname is made more portable, even that can fail but mor rarely and
- again - then just $host will be empty
3) localtime does no longer loose last digit

-- Marcin Kasperski     Marcin.Kasperski<at>softax.com.pl
--                      marckasp<at>friko6.onet.pl
-- Moje poglądy są moimi poglądami, nikogo poza mną nie reprezentują.
-- (My opinions are just my opinions.)