List:       kde-java
Subject:    Re: [Kde-java] Qt bindings hang with gcj
From:       Thomas Kuhn <t_kuhn () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-08-22 12:56:35

> Signals/slots and event handling both depend on reflection, and it sounds
> as though it isn't working properly with gcj (see
> qtjava/javalib/org/kde/qt/Invocation.java for the code). Is there some sort
> of '--enable-reflection' compile flag? The runtime uses reflection to check
> whether or not a java instance has an event handler method for the current
> event. If it finds an event handler it will call it. But gcj thinks there
> are never any event handlers implemented, and so no events ever get through
> to the java code.
I rechecked that this morning, if the events reach java they are handled
correctly. The hang occours when calling QtSupport::evevtxxxDelegate or any
similar function. When doing a callback from c++ to java using
QtSupport::GetEnv sometimes (not always) this hang occours. Usually it works
about 20-40 times so I think it's some bug in gjc's jni implementation. I'll
try to rewrite the callback parts of QtSupport with cni - as far as I see its
the only class that does callbacks from c++ to java - am I correct here ?
At least GetEnv isn't called from any other c++ function. Jni seems to be
working when the JNIEnv is passed as parameter to the native function so I
hope the bindings will work when the callback stuff in QtSupport is cni. I
don't think I have to change anything in Invocation.java because when the
callback reached the java part everything worked fine.

> > When I just compile the java files that come with qtjava and use the
> > precompiled binary native library (with the qt binary that comes with
> > kde2.2) exactly the same error occours.
>
> So it still goes wrong when you are running Invocation.class, as well as
> when it is compiled to native code?
Ah no, I meant compiling the java files to native code - i never tried with
class files because I need a comipled application.

Greetings - Thomas