List:       kde-imaging
Subject:    [Kde-imaging] ImageCollection::path() considered harmful ?
From:       Jean-Michel FAYARD <jmfayard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-12 17:50:25

Contrary to what I previously said, CD Archiving didn't work, because
of the assumption that 1 ImageCollection == 1 Folder. It should be ok
now, I patched the plugin to make it work.
But by correcting it, I discovered that basically, each time a plugin
developer will use this method, this will be a bug in Kimdaba and now
a bug in some case in Digikam, If I remember well a mail from Gilles
or Renchi. Worse, it's a bug which happends not in every app
implementing KIPI, which means we will have to test the plugins with
every app.

Shouldn't this method be marked as deprecated ?

If someone really want to use it, he can make : (Disclaimer : not tested)

ImageCollection collection ;
[...]
if ( collection.isDirectory() == false || collection.images().isEmpty())
return;
QString path = collection.images().first().directory();