List:       kde-imaging
Subject:    [Kde-imaging] CD-Archiving bug
From:       Jean-Michel FAYARD <jmfayard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-12 10:53:11

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:14:52 +0200, Jesper K. Pedersen
<blackie@blackie.dk> wrote:
> | == Plugins which I tested and works well ==
> | Archive to CD, HTML Export, Batch *, Create Calendar,
> | Set as background, Adjust Time and date,
> | Transform > * (while I don't understand what "Exif Rotate/Flip
> | adjustment" means and does)
> | Email images, Screenshot
> Gilles, please observe that Archive to cd seems to work for Jean-Michael,
> wonder if it is a bug in my setup that makes it fail for me.
> Jean-Michel did you actually burn a cd?

In fact no, my CD-writer doesn't work at all (cdrecord make my
computer freeze), so I just create an .iso and thought the test was
succesfull. In fact, I watched more cautiously, and CD-Archiving
doesn't work :

I have a folder /autre/Photos with 1.3 GO of pictures, mostly in
subdirectories, but also some pictures in the base directory (say
/autre/Photos/kipi.png )
Albums corresponds to keywords and not to directories in KimDaBa. If I
put a keyword (say "KDE") to /autre/Photos/kipi.png and select it to
burn it, here is what I get in the K3B project :

CD Album
\--- Photos
|        \--- the whole folder (1.3 GO)
|--- misc
|        \--- ThumbNails
\--- HTMLInterface
        \--- Keyword 1
         |--- KDE
         |--- Keyword 3

The plugin added the whole directory and all subdirectories while I
wanted just one picture (/autre/Photos/kipi.png)
That means I can't burn a CD, since it is 1.3GO big now.
The solution is to copy the pictures the same way you make the
HTMLInterface (which works fine, as you can see)

The bad code is I think in cdarchiving.cpp:1593
    for( QValueList<KIPI::ImageCollection>::Iterator it =
ListAlbums.begin(); it != ListAlbums.end(); ++it )
        {
        d = new KIPICDArchivingPlugin::EventData;
        d->action = KIPICDArchivingPlugin::Progress;
        d->starting = true;
        d->success = false;
        d->message = i18n("Added Album '%1' into project...").arg(
(*it).name());
        QApplication::postEvent(m_parent, new QCustomEvent(QEvent::User, d));
        AddFolderTreeToK3bXMLProjectFile( (*it).path().path(), &stream);
        }