List:       kde-i18n-nl
Subject:    [KDE-i18n-nl] [Kde-cvs-announce] KDE 3.5 branched / KDE 4
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-26 19:40:55

Hi!
I planned this to do a bit earlier, but was side tracked. So sorry forthe delay and \
for the announcement on short notice: KDE 3.5 is no longer developed in /trunk, but \
in /branches/KDE/3.5,KDE 4 development will start soon in /trunk (and move out of \
work/kde4). For translations, nothing changed as /trunk/l10n is generated fromKDE 3.5 \
as planned.  If you want to continue with KDE 3.5 development, then you useonce svn \
switch $PROT://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/$MODULEinstead of svn update in \
$MODULE (no need to recheckout). After writing this mail I will switch some trunk \
modules to use Qt4, sodon't be suprised if your trunk checkout will break heavily. \
This will bea tough time as we transition between KDE 3 and KDE 4 and I hope \
thattools like kdesvn-build will help you through it. Please note though, that while \
KDE 3.5 is our next release, it's no longerthe main target: KDE 4 aka /trunk is. So \
when you want to continue withKDE 3.5 development, make sure to also put your changes \
in /trunk. Greetings, Stephan
-- Pace Peace Paix Paz Frieden Pax Pokój Friður Fred Béke 和平Hasiti Lapé Hetep \
Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini PeochShanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo \