List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: 3.0 release plan
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2001-09-07 19:46:47

On Thursday 06 September 2001 18:47 pm, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:11:01 +0200, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> >I'd like your input about the feasibility of the release-plan for HEAD
> >branch, located at
> >
> >http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html
> >
> >Do you think that rougly 6-10 weeks is enough for most of the translation
> >work?
>
> I guess this will depend to some degree on the availability of the
> KBabel port to Qt3. Most teams could probably work with the version
> from KDE 2.2.1 for a while. But the bidi teams (Arabic, Farsi, and
> Hebrew) are going to need a working Qt3 version. And since two of these
> teams are starting translation from scratch they would need this Qt3
> version pretty soon.

Due to a lack of experience with the KDE translation for Farsi, I won't be
able to make any useful prognosis at this moment. As you say we have to begin
the translation from scratch!
I am right now updating 'kdesdk' to compile it tonight. I have to see how far
bidi will work for us in connection with KBabel.
After that, based on the experience of others, I may be able to make some
prognosis.

Regards,
Arash