List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Sugestion: KStdErrorMessages
From:       Pedro Morais <morais () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-26 19:32:20

Em Domingo, 26 de Agosto de 2001 20:29, Thomas Diehl escreveu:
> Am Sonntag, 26. August 2001 19:43 schrieb Andreas Schlapbach:
> > I very much support this idea. While writing this code I had the
> > feeling that this sentences must be used in other plces too, and I
> > don't specially care about how exaclty the error is reported to the
> > user. Using standard sentence sounds like a good thing to me.
> >
> > Using such an approch could even improve the consistency of the KDE
> > user interface and reduce the translators work load.
> >
> > May be somebody of the translator team could compile a list of the
> > most used sentences and we could add something along the line of what
> > Pedro has suggested.
>
> A list of the most used strings already exists in
> kdelibs/common_texts.cpp. These strings go to kdelibs.pot and are
> automatically used whenever they show up in other apps.

But there's no guarantee that programmers will use the same string.
It's very easy to miss a comma or a space if you're doing copy and paste.
And I guess we should avoid moving file to common_texts because of
the context problems with diferent languages.

--
Pedro Morais - LEIC/IST - pmmm@rnl.ist.utl.pt http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pmmm
Página Portuguesa do KDE http://kde.poli.org morais@kde.org