List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Which editor?
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-30 20:08:24

Am Montag, 30. Juli 2001 21:23 schrieb Wolfram Diestel:
> Je Lundo, la 30a de Julio 2001 14:55, Thomas Diehl skribis:
> > I don't know of any KDE editor that reliably handels Unicode
> > (except KBabel, of course). The only X program that comes to mind
> > and should be easily available is Yudit (www.yudit.org).
>
> Kedit should work too (if nobody modified my changes in the last
> months)

Haven't tried saving Unicode from KEdit. But there's no good solution
for the "dynamic textflow" thing in this editor, either, AFAIK.

(If anybody is interested: You can have sort of a dynamic text flow in
KEdit ("Let editor width decide"). But after saving and reopening the
line endings are hardcoded as in Kate. These endings can probably be
removed again (with "Edit -> Clean spaces"). But I don't know what will
happen if this is applied to a real long file where lots of line breaks
are intended. -- BTW, I logged a similar wishlist item for KEdit quite
a while back as well. ;-)

Regards,

Thomas

--