List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Konsole session types
From:       "Tamas Szanto" <tszanto () mol ! hu>
Date:       2001-06-25 16:45:22

1) Konsole uses the same strings for the session types in the
File menu and in the session button labels (at the bottom of the
window). It's annoying a bit, because some of these strings are
way too long as button labels (even more if translated). So it
would be very convenient if separate strings were used here,
one for the menu entry and one for the button label.

It would be even better if e.g. the root shell's and the normal
shell's buttons were different graphically (then the "root"
attribute could be dropped from the label).

2) The English session type strings are now:

Linux Console
Shell
Root Console
Midnight Commander
Root Midnight Commander

I'm afraid these terms may confuse a new KDE user a
bit, and I'd prefer slightly more verbal menu entries here,
e.g.:

Shell (Linux console emulation)
Shell
Shell (for administrators)
Midnight Commander
Midnight Commander (for administrators)

But maybe some experienced users would be annoyed by
longer menu entries.

Tamas Szanto
tszanto@mol.hu
the Hungarian i18n team