List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Coordination and reservations
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-25 16:09:36

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:08:40 +0200 (CEST), Jacek Stolarczyk wrote:

>Given the recent rush in PL translation team to get better scores in
>(especially) kdebase status table I have a following question:
>How do you (translation coordinators) manage to avoid duplication of
>work, i.e. two people translating the same file simultaneously?

In the German team, we have sub-maintainers for every package (base,
network &c). These are responsible for the apps inside the respective
package, either translating it themselves or getting other
(sub-sub-)maintainers for certain apps inside the package (kdm, kmail
&c). This way, there are no conflicts nor any "orphan files" before a
release.

On the team pages, there's a list who's responsible for what and the
coordinator enforces consistency via proof-reading (after proper
discussion of stylistic rules and terms, of course).

Regards,

Thomas

(PS: Apparently I did not only sent today's list of beta translations
but also re-sent the mail for June 18 by mistake. Please disregard the
latter.)

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/