On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:08:40 +0200 (CEST), Jacek Stolarczyk wrote: >Given the recent rush in PL translation team to get better scores in >(especially) kdebase status table I have a following question: >How do you (translation coordinators) manage to avoid duplication of >work, i.e. two people translating the same file simultaneously? In the German team, we have sub-maintainers for every package (base, network &c). These are responsible for the apps inside the respective package, either translating it themselves or getting other (sub-sub-)maintainers for certain apps inside the package (kdm, kmail &c). This way, there are no conflicts nor any "orphan files" before a release. On the team pages, there's a list who's responsible for what and the coordinator enforces consistency via proof-reading (after proper discussion of stylistic rules and terms, of course). Regards, Thomas (PS: Apparently I did not only sent today's list of beta translations but also re-sent the mail for June 18 by mistake. Please disregard the latter.) --- KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/ Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/