List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [kde-doc-english]Re: documentation size
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-05-29 8:11:53

Le Lundi 28 Mai 2001 17:18, Lauri Watts a écrit :
> > Le Samedi 26 Mai 2001 23:29, Tamas Szanto a écrit :
>
> > > khelpcenter_faq - 136 KB
> > > kppp - 146 KB
> > > knode - 169 KB
> > > kword - 256 KB
> > > artsbuilder - 267 KB
> > >
> > > Well, it seems to me that in most cases (for smaller apps) 50 KB is
> > > sufficient for the documentation, and I think that some of these files
> > > are simply unjustifiably big. I know that the current policy is to keep
> > > the technical and end-user part of the documentation together
>
> Seems I can't win.  We have constant complaints from users that what they
> want to know is not covered in the documentation, and asking for more, on
> other topics.  We are lambasted all over slashdot and dot for not providing
> enough documentation pitched at the beginners.

My two eurocents: what is important is what the end user asks for, not what
we find convenient to translate. However, perharps the solution could be to
have different handbooks for end-user and technical parts, thus allowing to
translate at least a minimal part. I don't know if this idea makes sense,
Lauri?

--
Éric Bischoff  -  Documentation and Localization
Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for eBusiness