List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: gettext 0.10.36 and plural
From:       Roman Maurer <roman.maurer () amis ! net>
Date:       2001-05-14 21:26:46

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> The only new feature in the new gettext for interest to us (taking
> you're not using PO-mode in emacs, which got massiv additions) is the
> handling of plural forms.
> Unfortunatly this is done in an incompatible way and I don't like the
> way it works. I'm open for discussions though. I would solve it similiar
> but still differently. I don't like the incompatiblity in it.

IMHO we should retain as much of the compatibility with gettext as
possible, including this new feature.  Then again, I'd like to hear
more about your suggestion (please excuse me if you already
posted it here).

Does this mean that now we can already use this plural handling
feature in translations of KDE 2.2?  Are there already such existing
PO files from other teams?

BTW, I am occasionaly using PO-mode in Emacs as well as the KBabel
(BTW, great tool!).
--
	Regards,
	  Roman