List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-11 10:56:39

On Friday, 11. May 2001 10:50, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> I think that's a brilliant idea. What's the chance of getting developers to
> accept it? What about existing code?

The chance that developers use your suggestions you post on some web page is
minimal. The chance they respect your changes if for the sake of consistency
and proofreading is maximal.

Many developers are beginners with english (as you may have noticed, I'm too)
and don't have any native background, so they use whatever they feel natural.
For german developers this goes for runtogetherwords, for french it's strange
articles :)

So even if you had this list, they don't really look there, but if you're
proofreading their texts and give them feedback, they will very likely listen
to you. And if you even fix the textes after their development cycle, they
will even don't care at all :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.