List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-10 18:47:45

On Thu, 10 May 2001 17:37:54 +0100, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

>> You're now the master of consistency :)
>
>Okay (Ok, OK.. heh), I've been playing around with KDE and apart from a few
>spelling mistakes (which I will leave until the team has begun a methodical
>checking process), I notice alot of inconsistency in the menus and tooltips.
>For example: In KSpread, the border button tooltips show: Border left,
>Border Top, Border Right... notice that the 'left' has a lower case L. If
>you click on the menus, some options have title case and others sentence
>case. Similarly, some of the Color Schemes in Control Center / Colors have
>the same. Since KDE has such wonderful eye-candy elsewhere, would it be
>appreciated if I included work in this area?

IMO, this would be exactly the kind of problems that should be
discussed in the kde-doc-english / proofreader mailing list because
they mainly consist of native speakers.

As soon as the discussion arrives at a solution to a given problem it
should be presented to the developers, posted on a web site and finally
applied to the code files. Maybe we could also come to a common
spelling for "email" this way and maybe even arrive at a decision to
call certain things either "directories" or "folders" some day ...

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/