List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: quantra in cvs
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-19 15:25:42

On Thursday, 19. April 2001 16:10, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> > But that's the only way. If someone of you want to have it translated,
> > you will have to regulary update the pot file in others. I'm sure they
> > won't mind if you commit updates (but then for all languages) into
> > quanta/po
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
>
> I think the problem is that the developers of quanta do not yet know how to
> setup quanta in such a way that it occasionally produces a pot-file in
> others. I don't know how to do it either.
>
> I guess the general policy of others ought to be that the projects outside
> the basic packages put pot-files in others, and when they notice things
> have been translated put them in their po-directories. If not I don't quite
> know what the purpose of others is. I guess it does no harm if the compiled
> po-files from others get distributed as well. That way users installing
> some package will discover, maybe to their surprise, that the package is
> translated on their system. Anyway, I am not completely sure what the
> policy is.
>
> Before I had realized that quanta was in others, I had looked at Kiefers
> instructions somewhere and produced a pot-file for quanta that somebody
> then translated, but according to Kiefers instructions such things should
> happen automatically when  a project is in kde cvs.
Well, "kde cvs" is not necessarly cvs.kde.org. Quanta is there because they
do not have another cvs server, but it's not part of the KDE CVS distribution
which is on ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/snapshots/current. The packages
there get their POT files automaticly, that's correct. Quanta does not.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.