List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: quantra in cvs
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <epedersen () stny ! rr ! com>
Date:       2001-04-19 14:10:06

> But that's the only way. If someone of you want to have it translated, you
> will have to regulary update the pot file in others. I'm sure they won't
> mind if you commit updates (but then for all languages) into quanta/po
>
> Greetings, Stephan

I think the problem is that the developers of quanta do not yet know how to
setup quanta in such a way that it occasionally produces a pot-file in
others. I don't know how to do it either.

I guess the general policy of others ought to be that the projects outside
the basic packages put pot-files in others, and when they notice things have
been translated put them in their po-directories. If not I don't quite know
what the purpose of others is. I guess it does no harm if the compiled
po-files from others get distributed as well. That way users installing some
package will discover, maybe to their surprise, that the package is
translated on their system. Anyway, I am not completely sure what the policy
is.

Before I had realized that quanta was in others, I had looked at Kiefers
instructions somewhere and produced a pot-file for quanta that somebody then
translated, but according to Kiefers instructions such things should happen
automatically when  a project is in kde cvs.

Erik