List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: ktuberling
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-01-31 21:31:58

> > You must create "it/data" at the same level as "it/messages" and
> > "it/docs" in kde-i18n. You place there the sounds where you registered a
> > nice girl's voice saying "bocca" (mouth), "naso" (nose), etc. Then
> > ktuberling will "speak" italian when the sound is on. Place in the .po
> > file the names of the files containing the sounds.
>
> Ok, thx.
>
> But I do not understand why I have to translate the path for the sound
> file!!
>
> I do not translate the path for .po file or doc file etc..
> So I expect that a program that needs i18n data will use $LANG/filename

This mechanism allowed to have English sounds if not translated yet, and
Italian sounds if already translated, without any extra Makefiles magic.

Furthermore, if a sound says "occhiali", it's quite natural to put it in a
file named "occhiali.wav", no ;-) ?

> Now I'll look for a nice voice....

Once done, the result can be funny ;-).

Be careful: the sound recorder has to be tuned to produce not-too-big data
files.

> BTW:Is there anything else in the $LANG/data directory ?

Errr... I think there was just one other file but I don't remember which one.

Look the hierarchy in kde-i18n/fr/data.