List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    kdelibs.po suggestions
From:       Roman Maurer <roman.maurer () hermes ! si>
Date:       2001-01-27 10:03:07

Hello!

I'm translating kdelibs.po for KDE 2.1.  I have a few suggestions for the
authors of the programs:

 - Whenever you don't use an abbreviation, please use the "_:" tag to
   explain it.  It is difficult to figure out whether

	#: kdeui/kedittoolbar.cpp:594
	#, c-format
	msgid "ActionList: %1"
	msgstr ""

   is really a typo, or perhaps there's only fixed number of characters
   available.  In the later case, this should be explicitly written.

 - When referencing to external sources (ie. user interfaces on web
   pages), please make it clear which parts of the user interface
   are translatable (and part of KDE 2.1) and which are not.
   If I tell the users to go to http://bugs.kde.org/ and use the
   bug severity "Navadno", they would probably search for this button
   in vain.  Again, IMHO it's better to have additional explanatory
   "_:" than not.

 - I found a misspelled word:

	#: kdeui/kedittoolbar.cpp:593
	msgid ""
	"This is a dynamic list of actions. You can move it, but if you "
	"remove it you won't be able to readd it."
	                                *****

I wish you all a nice 2.1 release!

	Pozdrav,
	  Roman