List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: beta2 release
From:       Logi Ragnarsson <logir () logi ! org>
Date:       2001-01-23 20:03:50

mánudagur 22. janúar 2001 12:50, David Faure skrifaði:
> Tinkl suggested that :
> "all the languages that surpass at least 50% of translated desktop.po
> and kdelibs.po should be released", with
> http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/i18n-status-table.html as reference.
>
> I'll do that if there are no objections, then.

Sounds good to me.

When deciding what to include in the final release, I would suggest the
following rule:

1) Include languages where desktop.po and kdelibs exceed 90%.

2) Include only those individual files which exceed 90%.

A system where some programs are in the native language while some are in
English is not perfect, but usable. A system where each program is in a
mixture of languages (i.e. not perfect kdelibs or not perfect application.po)
is horrible.

In fact, to get a mostly tranlsated system you only need to tranlsate
kdelibs, kdebase and a few apps, depending on what you use.

--
Logi Ragnarsson - logir@logi.org
Some day we all shall be out of scope