List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Press release (draft)
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-10-24 5:55:13

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:21:17 -0400, Andreas Pour wrote:

>Federico Cozzi wrote:
>>
>> While translating the press release (draft 4) I discovered that there is
>> no mention about the availability of KDE2 in many different languages.
>
>There's a sentence in the configurability sentence about being able to
>choose from 40 languages.  I can make it more prominent if you can tell
>me exactly how many languages are available for KDE 2.0 (or at least
>will be available when the 2.01 branch is finished).

KDE 2.0 comes with 30 languages, not all of them equally complete, of
course (see http//i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/kde2-beta-status.html). In
2.0.1 there may be 4 or 5 more, not sure about this yet. The others in
CVS are either unmaintained or will need some more time.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/