List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE tarballs released to the packagers
From:       Kim Enkovaara <kenkovaa () cc ! hut ! fi>
Date:       2000-10-17 11:50:57

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Eric Bischoff wrote:

> > So if you want to commit regulary to both branches, you better keep
> > two copies.
>
> Hmmm... This is somehow of a problem because most people will want to
> commit to both branches most of the time, at least during a certain
> time. So I think it's a good idea to use systematically update -A.

I think the easiest way to handle this is just to check out the two
different branches and use cp command when the file is wanted to both
branches.

For messages this is more difficult because the head will start
to integrate changes and the the messages will not be stable. It might be
easier to make the translations good in 2.0 branch and once in a while do
msgmerge to the head. And when the 2.0 branch is good enough just jump to
the head branch to complete the translations there also.