List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Docs question?
From:       Wolfram Diestel <wolfram () steloj ! de>
Date:       2000-09-29 19:08:43

Je Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Eric Bischoff skribis:

>It just seems you reinvented them ;-). The wrong thing is that we
>attempted to normalize the concept, the location, the filenames, etc...
>All of these are conventions which you don't follow.

I just followed the conventions of the SuSe distribution ;-)

>Stephan Kulow's kdb2html script is tuned by autoconf to automagically
>detect the "centralized catalogs", so it's already done.

May be you didn't understand, what I mean. My checkout of the last
CVS-version (and all checkouts before) didn't make documents. So I
had to analyze the output of the make files do find out whats wrong.
If I wouldn't have experiences about SGML/jade from another project
I couldn't solve the problem with the DTD's. So my question was:

1) Is it possible to say to jade in the Makefile, where the Docbook-DTD's
   are in the system if it's installed. So that without manually creating
   of a script as prescribed in ksgmtools/INSTALL HTML-Docs are created.
2) If DocBook is not installed, or the DTDs are missing by configure, the
   make should give a more verbose message like:

    "Docbook 3.1 not installed, couldn't locate Docbook-DTD's. No
     HTML-documentation is created"

  or something similar.

--
Wolfram Diestel <wolfram@steloj.de> http://www.steloj.de/