List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: koffice translations!!!
From:       Logi Ragnarsson <logir () logi ! org>
Date:       2000-09-27 10:36:27

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 07:08:25PM +0200, Marko Samastur wrote:

> However, Koffice teams isn't the only one to blame. In five days, while
> I was away, there were plenty of changes in other packages as well
> (mostly kdelibs, kdebase).

Absolutely.

Now should be the time where we relax a bit, use the programs as much as we
can an dfix the little problems that remain like shortcut keys and
consistency in the UI. Things we couldn't do when the programs were too
unstable to run.

In stead, we have to keep re-translating the same strings again and again.
The messages have been frozen for *weeks* damn it! But at least we can see
that the frieze isn't being kept at all, so its not just our problem...

In fact, why are new features still being added to the codebase? Wasn't that
supposed to stop months ago? And the system is nowhere near stable yet and
this is called a Release Candidate?

If this candidate gets released, then I'm not running KDE 2. Sorry, it
sucks. It is going to be great once the stability problems are solved and
once the translations are allowed to settle a bit, but that's not going to
happen very soon.

Logi