List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Message freeze?
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       2000-08-11 9:52:39

Lauri Watts wrote:

> Check out the status page, and I don't see why the translation teams can't
> get going on the documents that are committed: They're clearly marked as
> "Done" and the documents are clearly credited with who wrote them, if
> there is any questions that the author can answer (meanings of phrases,
> etc) and you should in most cases already have the translated interfaces
> to refer to in rewriting the doc's as appropriate (keybindings, menu
> names, etc.)
>
> I'm writing this offline, but I think the url of the status page is
> http://i18n.kde.org/teams/en/current.html
> (if I have that wrong, it's linked off the main i18n page, via the english
> documenters link)

Reminder: The translators should rather check

	http://i18n.kde.org/doc/work-in-progress.html

Last update from Mike is from 07 august. The page you mention is rather
for internal use of the editorial team.

> I believe Eric Bischoff has some tools to handle comparing the markup
> between English and translated docbook files, although I'm not sure off
> the top of my head where to find them, hopefully Eric will reply here.

sgmldiff is a *precious* tool to make sure you did not alter the markup
while translating:

	ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/devel/docbook/

last update is from yesterday.

--