List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Message freeze?
From:       Michael McBride <mpmcbride () email ! com>
Date:       2000-07-28 11:59:06

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> >Check out the status page, and I don't see why the translation teams can't
> >get going on the documents that are committed
>
> Mostly lack of time and manpower I guess (PO translation is quite a lot
> of work for smaller teams already). Also some lack of information about
> the progress being made in the doc area (many translators are probably
> not aware of the stuff in http://i18n.kde.org/teams/en/ and esp.
> current.html). In some cases maybe also still some frustration about
> the wasted work on KDE1 docs.

I think it is important (in case anyone missed the announcement a few weeks
ago, to let everyone know about a page that is specifically designed to help
translation teams determine what is done and what is not.

That page is:  i18n.kde.org/doc/work-in-progress.html

The goal of this page, is to let everyone who is translating documentation to
know which applications have been updated, which applications are currently
being re-written (so please don't translate those), and which applications
are still in their KDE 1 status.

This page provides more specific information (version/revision info, when it
was last changed on the CVS, etc).  This page is (hopefully), more useful to
translators then the i18n.kde.org/teams/en/current.html page, which is
intended primarily for documenters.

Finally, I encourage anyone who has a question about anything reguarding the
new documentation for KDE 2.0 to feel free to contact me.

--
Mike McBride
mpmcbride@email.com