List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: errors, errors, errors
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-17 5:59:00

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 01:15:57 +0200, Rinse de Vries wrote:

>Op za, 15 jul 2000, schreef Stephan Kulow het volgende:
>
>>nl/messages/kdenetwork/ksirc.po:406: end-of-line within string
>>found 1 fatal errors
>
>Fixed

May I remind everybody that KBabel has an automatic syntax check (which
avoids almost all of the usual errors from the outset) and also has the
capability to copy the original message into the "msgstr" area on
pressing ctrl+spacebar?

The latter is especially helpful if you want to avoid the many errors
of the type "Name=xyz doesn't fit tag" when translating desktop.po.
Just press ctrl+spacebar in KBabel to copy the original string into
your translation; then overwrite the part past the "=" with your own
stuff. Result: no more tagging errors.

Regards,

Thomas

---