List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: Name=Macedonia
From:       Tinkl_Lukáš <Lukas.Tinkl () merlin ! cz>
Date:       2000-07-07 6:49:19

> I don't want to tire you with historical, political and other
> issues that are often made disputes in the Balkans region. There
> are different views, and I respect my Greek fellows oppinions.

> As we were taking about countries, and not about georgaphic areas
> or provinces of countries, I suggest that we stick with
> Name=Macedonia,
> because nothing else is (legaly) acceptible in our country.

Talking about this issue, who changed the correct name "Czech republic" to
"Czechia"? "Czechia" is a nonsense - the legal and correct name of our
country
is "Czech republic". This has a simple reason: we are all Czechs, we speak
Czech
but even in our language, there is not one single word to describe what you
call
"Czechia". Our country is historically divided into regions of Bohemia,
Moravia and
Silesia... There is no "Czechland" :-)

Hans-Petter, please correct it...

btw, a czech equivalent to "Czechia" is sometimes used, but is not
correct...

Regards,
Lukas Tinkl
Czech KDE i18n team