List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: Macedonia
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () daxis ! nl>
Date:       2000-07-07 8:27:04

Op vr, 07 jul 2000, schreef JK het volgende:

>> >   Design: Ministry of Science of the Republic of Macedonia
>> >
>> > Which seems to indicate it's not "Macedonia", but "Republic of
>> > Macedonia"
>>
>> Well, of course. It's Federal Republic of Germany
>> and Republic of France, isn't it?
>
>Please guys! I will remove SuSE and switch to Win98 if you carry on
>with this discussion :-). The UN hasn't reached to a conclusion, what
>makes you think that U will?

I agree, Jus put in Macedonia. Forget about the politics, and I don't
think people from the Macedonian region in Greece get confused by this
name, since its a country setting, not a region setting.

For instance if you look at Luxemburg, I don't think that people who live
in the Belgium region 'Luxemburg'  get confused when they find that
there is also a country setting with that name in kcontrol. So there is
no need to specify that 'Luxemburg' is actually the country, not the
province in Belgium. I don't see why we should try to specify that
'Macedonia' in kcontrol is actually the country, not the region in Greece.

Rinse