List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    untranslatable stuff in koffice.po
From:       Tinkl_Lukáš <Lukas.Tinkl () merlin ! cz>
Date:       2000-07-07 10:47:12

In koffice.po, there are these problematic strings:

#: kofficeui/koTemplateCreateDia.cc:348
msgid "group"
msgstr "skupina"

#: kofficeui/koTemplateCreateDia.cc:348
msgid "template"
msgstr "šablona"

#: kofficeui/koTemplateCreateDia.cc:349
msgid "Do you really want to remove that %1?"
msgstr "Opravdu chcete odstranit tuto %1?"

#: kofficeui/koTemplateCreateDia.cc:350
msgid "Remove %1?"
msgstr "Odstranit %1?"

If I understand it well, %1 in the third and fourth string gets replaced
with either "group" or "template". Most Slavic fellows will agree with me -
one can not correctly translate this in their language. We know why... :-)

Please use two different strings, such as:
"Do you really want to remove that template" and "Do you really want to
remove that group"; for the fourth string alike.

Thanks

Lukas Tinkl
Czech KDE i18n team