List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Name=Macedonia
From:       "Danko Ilik" <danko () mindless ! com>
Date:       2000-07-06 19:26:01

Dear friends,

I don't want to tire you with historical, political and other
issues that are often made disputes in the Balkans region. There
are different views, and I respect my Greek fellows oppinions.
But there is a border-line.

My countries name is The Republic of Macedonia, and that is not
arguable. People can not argue about others names.

Our name is in the constitution. Our language is called Macedonian,
and we are spread over a part of a teritory that has geographicaly
been known as Macedonia. Nothing else but "Macedonia" is
a name for us. It's a very basic thing.

As we were taking about countries, and not about georgaphic areas
or provinces of countries, I suggest that we stick with
Name=Macedonia,
because nothing else is (legaly) acceptible in our country.

Besides that, not a single country in kde l10n is named by any
other form but the pure name.

I hope you understand.

P.S. If someone is interested in details about disputes or whatever,
I invite you to an private e-mail discusion.