List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Troubles with docs
From:       Frederik Fouvry <fouvry () sfs ! nphil ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-05-20 16:50:28

,-- On Sat, 20 May, Laurent LARZILLERE wrote:

| Hi,
|
| About kcontrol
| ----------
| I found a problem with the kcontrol handbook. There are bad URL into the main
| file "kcontrol/index.docbook".  For example,
| <ulink url="kcminfo/index-1.html">Memory Usage Information</ulink>
| <ulink url="kcminfo/index-2.html">Processor Information</ulink>
| The URL are not valid due to the docbook transformation. How could we fix this
| problem ?

This specific case is due to bad markup in the LinuxDoc SGML file
before conversion (just goes to show how important good markup is ;-).
In DocBook, <link> (and <anchor>) should be used instead (referring to
the IDs of the sections/chapters/...).  If that is done, jade will
generate correct HTML links (with the titles).  If the documentation
seems fairly up-to-date, then I'd suggest to have the DocBook file
cleaned up (contact Michael McBride <mmcbride@ematic.com>).

--
Frederik Fouvry		-	fouvry@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de
KDE DocBook Team	-	kde-docbook@master.kde.org