List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: internationalization bugs
From:       Michael McBride <mmcbride () ematic ! com>
Date:       2000-05-18 21:01:57

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > 2) This text from filetypres.pot is ambiguous (and the corresponding text
> > with "higher" and "up"):
> >
> > "Assigns a lower priority to the selected application, moving it down in
> > the " "list. Note that this only affects the selected file type if the
> > same " "application is associated with other file types."
> >
> > This could either mean (as it should) that it only affects the priority
> > of the selected application when choosing an application to handle files
> > of this type or, that if this application is only associated with a
> > single file type, then pressing this button will have no effect. This
> > could confuse a newbie quite a bit.
>
> Well, the problem it confuses _me_ :)  Can someone please suggest another
> text, I would be lucky to put it in place.

I think the reason it is confusing, is because it should read:

Assigns a lower priority to the selected application, moving it down on the
list.  Note:  This only affects the selected application if the file type is
associated with more than one application.

That second sentance is probably not necessary anyways, since it is difficult
to change the order if the list consists of one element.

PS:  A similar sentance structure is found concerning the "Move up" button,
and a similar change could be made there.

--
Mike McBride
mmcbride@ematic.com