List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdelibs.po translation
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2000-04-25 16:51:39

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Andy Rysin wrote:

> I mean that Week days and Months could be taken from
> system locale info, e.g. for Linux it's in
> /usr/share/locale/en_US/TIMES or smth like this, and
> there would be no need to translate them in kdelibs.po

Feel free to use it as a source when translating, but we are not going to
add special hacks for 2*(12+7)=38 words. Don't forget that that KDE
supports 46 different languages (maybe coolo is more updated here. I just
did wc -l kde-i18n/subdirs and added one). Some of them do no have a
locale in the regular Unix system.

And don't forget that there are used in a different context.

BTW: I just removed the code which used the short date format.. THe code
was in a '#if 0'.. Thx :-)

-bieker-

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
                 bieker@stud.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org