List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    How to test desktop.mo in KDE2 without committing to CVS
From:       Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram <sshanmu () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-03-28 5:18:32

Hello,

I am sorry to repeat this question. Reason being I
dont know where to search the mail archives (if this
group has any?).
Okay. The language in question is Tamil. I have
partially translated desktop.po to Tamil. I want to
see how this all appears on my desktop. I have
compiled and
using the CVS version of KDE2.
the steps i have done so far is 'make && make
install'. the desktop.mo files are copied to the
appropriate locale directories. But when i pick up the
Tamil
language, from the control panel, Tamil does not
appear on the menus.
before doing a make, i converted desktop.po to UTF-8
(using recode with 'Latin1..UTF-8' as argument). i
tried both ways. before recoding and after recoding.
the translations i made in desktop.po is not visible
at all.
where am i going wrong? The KDE howto says that the
desktop.po must be in UTF-8 format!
But should the encoding be in Unicode only??
Please let me know.

Thanks

Siva