List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to test desktop.mo file?
From:       Thuraiappah Vaseeharan <vasee () ee ! umanitoba ! ca>
Date:       2000-03-22 15:55:49

Hi

Thanks very much for the info. I'd already figured this out after lot of
trial and error. Is it documented somewhere?

> Coolo runs some scripts which merges the .desktop files with
> your translation. You will have to commit the file to test it (or run
> merging youself).

How? Where can I find the script?

> Don't forget that the desktop.po file has to be in UTF-8 and that the
> file has to be tagged as "utf8" or "utf-8" as well!

BTW, I *am* pretending that TSCII is ASCII. I agree with you it is rather
horrible, but I thought we'll first get the translations done and tested
and then worry about purity. Once the translations are in progress, I'll
get around to do the QTcodec and support TSCII in recode.

Another reason for my procrastination is that the Unicode standard for
Tamil will change sometime in the future to bring it in line with the
Tamil Nadu govt.'s own standard, which is almost identical with TSCII. So
we may have to do it all over again.

Vasee