List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kde documentation
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       2000-02-23 17:10:54

Frederik Fouvry wrote:

> Well, it is better, but in kspaceduel for instance there are still
> quite a few improvements to be made: file names, menu items etc are
> not marked for instance and there are still lots of wrongly used
> emphasis-tags around.  The others also need more work.  So it's not
> good yet.  Sorry ;-)

Yes, the cleanup will be gigantic work, we will have to find a way to
organize it better.

> | > The documentation writers are; the cleanup on the other hand can be
> | > done by anyone (send a message to kde-DocBook@master.kde.org).  Once
> |
> | OK, since I'll be updating the old kdegames files, I might as well update
> | the originals. I can start tomorrow; let me know if it's ok.
>
> Errm, is there any chance you could wait until at least all original
> files have been converted?  Just not to mix up problems (with over 300
> elements, there _will_ be many questions).  If you're really dying to
> get started, then choose a package that has been converted completely
> (Eric - is that fine with you?), i.e. NOT corba, kdenonbeta,
> kdesupport, kfte and kdepim.

Well, to me, it's okay and not okay at the same time.

If people really are impatient to embetter the docbook markup, they can
do it for their own language, but also in the same time for English.
English should always be ahead from the other languages. So if you want
to review the kdegames' markup, feel free to do it, but apply the same
markup changes to the English files as well. And please advice Mike Mc
Bride, who is responsible for the English files, he will do the
synchronization to avoid duplicate work on the English files.

If you want to work on the contents, not the markup, (i.e. do new
translations or update your existing translations), just do them, but as
Frederik said, not with the last files to be converted ;-).

--
Eric Bischoff  -  Documentation and Localization
Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for Business!