List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Fwd: KDE FAQ Web Page Fault]
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       2000-02-22 16:42:34

"Boyce, Nick" wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Think I should tell you there seems to be a problem with the .tgz
> version of the KDE FAQ available for download from
> http://www.kde.org/documentation/faq/kdefaq.html. This page has a link
> http://www.kde.org/documentation/faq/kdefaq.tgz  to allow downloading of
> the tar'ed gzip'ed FAQ in HTML form, but what gets downloaded seems to
> be broken - it won't untar without errors, and only contains one partial
> FAQ web page (index-10.html).

Hmmm... Either this directory is not up to date, either the tgz is
broken.

Can someone fix that ? I would also recommend not to use such
inter-format links with the most extreme care.

> Is it correct to tell you about web page problems like this ?  I got your
> address from the FAQ itself.

Strange, I'm not the FAQ maintainer.

BTW : Mike Mc Bride, if you can hear me, please contact me ;-)
--
Eric Bischoff  -  Documentation and Localization
Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH - Linux for Business!