List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: UTF8 and translations
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () myokay ! net>
Date:       2000-02-08 12:11:43

Marcell Lengyel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what is the final decision about translating
> the .po files to UTF8? Someone mentioned that the desktop.po
There is none. There wasn't even a real discussion. But for now
I left the decision to every team. KDE is for the moment able
to handle other charsets as well.

> should always be in UTF8, but what about the rest? And who is
Yes, desktop.po files without charset=utf[-]8 entry are simply
ignored.

> going to do the converting?
Well, if you're not able to do it yourself in your team, Hans-Peter
Bieker offered to help.

> BTW, what is the correct charset entry for UTF8 in a .po file?
utf8

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.