List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Some questions!
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-13 16:28:44

Marko Rosic wrote:

> I'm having a big cleanup in my translations, and dictionary, so I have
> slowed down a bit.
> But I have found my self confuzed with this in translation HOWTO!?
>
> #: kpackage.cpp:613
> #, fuzzy, c-format
> msgid "Unknown package type: %1"
> msgstr "Unbekannter Pakettyp: %s"
>
> (The translation is correct but the string of the variable has an
> obsolete format.)
>
> has to be changed to:
> #: kpackage.cpp:613
> c-format
> msgid "Unknown package type: %1"
> msgstr "Unbekannter Pakettyp: %1"
> ---
>
> Isn't it suposed to write #, c-format !?
> And if msgid "...... %1"  tanslation should also be %1, not %s ? What is
> %s anyway?

The c-format is a typo, it's indeed #, c-format. Just the fuzzy, has to
be
removed.

%s was in the old translation as in the old original and has now been
replaced by %1. Both stand for a string argument to be inserted.

Greetings, Stephan

--
As long as Linux remains a religion of freeware fanatics,
Microsoft have nothing to worry about.