List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: some questions about translating KDE2
From:       Wolfram Diestel <wolfram () steloj ! de>
Date:       1999-12-03 16:08:29

Je Thu, 02 Dec 1999, Stephan Kulow skribis:

>All the code is in kde-i18n's target "desktops".
>So you need to do a "make -f Makefile.am desktops". kde-i18n also has a

Ok, I see, first time I tried this I got error messages
because lack of a tempfile command on my system, but I
could correct this :) Thank you for the hints.

>Oops, my fault. These come from the XML-descriptions of the UI. We need
>a tool to extract them. I forgot that til now. Forgive me :)

Forgiven.

>> 3) I could not find out how to configure the KDE2, e.g. fonts, localisation...
>>    kcontrol seem's not to write anything and manual editing of .kderc
>>    doesn't help too. The language I can define with KDE_LANG but
>>    what about fonts, charsets (Unicode) etc.?
>>
>Hmm, maybe a bug. manual editing doesn't help? Then this is even more
>broken,
>Please tell me what the problem is and I look into it.

As I could find out, kconfigbase::readentry always returns Null strings
for the font entries. I suppose for all other entries too. So may
be my .kderc file isn't parsed. Which function looks for this file?
Should I define environment variables other then QTDIR and KDEDIR.

Wolfram.

--
Wolfram Diestel <wolfram@steloj.de> http://www.steloj.de/