List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: some questions about translating KDE2
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-02 22:19:50

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:08:22PM +0100, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:08:51 +0100, Wolfram Diestel wrote:
>
> >1) How the kdelnk files are made from desktop.po? What I have to
> >   do to update the installed kdelnk files after revision of desktop.po?
>
> Have you compiled your kde-i18n subdirectories? (Although I have to
> admit that I'm also seeing funny things in titlebars that don't
> correspond to what's in desktop.po and that quite a few apps (esp. in
> KOffice) don't seem to use the standard menu entries from kdelibs,
> either.)
>
> >2) Where the menu labels &File, &Go, &Window, &Help, TreeView a.s.o
> >   in konquerror come from. I didn't found theire source file
> >   (libkonq.po, konqueror.po, kdelibs.po are fully translated)
>
> No idea. If Stephan doesn't jump in, maybe David Faure can tell us.

Ouch !! Yes, the support for that is still missing.
Those entries (from koffice and konqueror) come from the .rc files
that you can see in the sources. Stephan has to add them to the messages
target, but some special handling of "&amp;" -> "&" has to be added first.
And then we have to make sure KAction translates the items, not sure how.
Stephan, pleeaaase ? :-)

(I could hack something but I think Stephan already thought about how
to cleanly handle this issue)

> >3) I could not find out how to configure the KDE2, e.g. fonts, localisation...
> >   kcontrol seem's not to write anything
>
> Far as I know, kcontrol is just being ported. On my system, the
> language settings have not worked for about a week, but with today's
> CVS they did. With most KDE2 problems it's just a matter of waiting a
> few days and then try again.
or report them :-)

--
David FAURE