List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Welsh Translation
From:       elfed lewis <e.lewis () meirion-dwyfor ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-07-06 13:34:00

Seán Ó Ceallaigh wrote:

> Sut mae Elfed?

Iawn diolch Seán

> Dw i'n siarad Cymraeg typin bach.  Sean ydy'r enw fi. Dw i'n
> gweithio am 'Gaeilge'.  I'm working on the Irish
> translation of KDE and I'd be happy to give you any assistance
> with the Welsh translation.

Diolch yn fawr, buasa hyn yn fendith mawr.  (Thanks, that'd be great!)

>  Is the ISO symbol for Cymru "cy"?

Not sure.  "cym" appears on the back of cars from wales, so I think thats
it.  We have a Welsh translation department in the college where I work,
and I'm thinking they'd probably know for sure.

> if one doesn't exist already.  This will help foster discussion
> on translation issues with Cymraeg.

Ok.  I'll get on it.  I'll put you on it also if you want.

> There is also a very nice Breton translation of KDE!

I noticed.  I've mailed the bloke in charge, and am awaiting a response.
Apparently  Welsh and Breton are quite similar (or so I've been told).

> Pob hwyll am y tro,

diolch yn fawr am y cymorth,

elfed.