List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: How to test your .mo files?
From:       Xenitellis S <S.Xenitellis () rhbnc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-23 14:34:09

Hello,
	As a general rule to see whether the application is accessing
the correct directory for the .mo files, try this:

	# strace -o output.txt kmines

	This will run "kmines" under the "strace" program.
	Exit normally from kmines.

	output.txt will contain all the system calls and subsequently
	all file/directory accesses that took place in kmines.
	With:

	# grep open output.txt

	will show you among others, the accesses to the .mo file.
	If you don't have irish, it could mean that kmines.mo cannot
	be found (Use NLSPATH to fix?) or the messages are not
	corresponding with the ones you translated for some reason.

	BTW, did you do "setenv LANG ga"?

HIH,
Simos Xenitellis