List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Conversion to gifs - job
From:       Moritz Moeller-Herrmann <mmh () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-17 13:53:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi everybody, I don't read this list, but I saw the job offer on the jobs
page. Maybe this can help a little bit in the conversion process:
gifconverter.sh (needs imagemagick)

It converts all gifs to png below a top directory and replaces all .gif by
.png in html files. Works for me as far as I can see. Somebody with cvs access
could convert the docs in 30 seconds with this...

Hope this helps, please CC all answers / comments to me,
Thank you for KDE,

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh@gmx.net ICQ# 3585990        # Not only
Get my public pgp / gpg key from                        # Open Source(TM)

["gifconverter.sh" (application/x-sh)]

#!/bin/bash
# Converts html pages (including kde documentation) from using gif to png
# Point at top directory. Needs Image Magick (for convert)
# (C) Moritz Moeller-Herrmann 17.7.1999 mmh@gmx.net

for i in $(find $1 -name "*.gif") ;
	do echo $i :;
	TARGETNAME=${i%*.gif}.png ;
	convert $i png:$TARGETNAME && rm $i;
	echo $TARGETNAME created;
	echo $i deleted;
	echo
	done
for h in $(find $1 -name "*.html") ;
	#Warning: This is of course not very exact. If you talk about .gif
	#files in your text, it will be changed as well. Dangerous for kpaint?
	do sed -e s/\.gif/\.png/g $h > $h.mod ;
	mv $h.mod $h;
	echo modified $h;
	done;